Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

Me photographing cub

January 3, 2017 (photo courtesy Dale A - used with permission)

Me photographing cub
Arizona Docent, 9 Jan 2017
vogelcommando likes this.
    • PantherPeople
      Is that the new cougar cub at Project Survival Cat Haven?
      We visited in September 2016, but they did not have the cub yet!!
      Will be a welcome addition to their already impressive collection.
    • Arizona Docent
      Yes indeed, this is Sam at Cat Haven who is now two months old. Currently he is in a playpen in a room at the main gift shop, which is where most visitors see him. Occasionally he is off site for a presentation, so there is no guarantee of seeing him unless you call ahead. I am a donor and a friend of the owner, so I was given a special photo session with him in the cheetah enclosure (cheetahs locked out of course).

His permanent enclosure (similar to the jaguar and leopard enclosures) is currently under construction on the main path.
    • PantherPeople
      Awesome experience for you I'm sure.
      Caught up with Dale while I was there who gave me the grand tour. Such a passionate professional with conservation as his sole purpose.

Hoping to link up with him again in the future to assist in some of his conservation programs overseas.
    • PantherPeople
      Here's a quick video I put together of Dale introducing me to his male Snow leopard 'Jackson':
      SNOW LEOPARD HIDE & SEEK
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cat Haven Wild Animal Park
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    9 Jan 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    887.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    864px
    Height:
    986px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).