devilfish

Mermaid enclosure, April 2016

Photo taken on the 2nd April 2016.

Mermaid enclosure, April 2016
devilfish, 11 Sep 2016
    • devilfish
      Photo taken on the 2nd April 2016.
    • LaughingDove
      What? Is that a person dressed in a mermaid costume or a model/artificial mermaid? Are there any non-human animals in here?

I expect you will cover this in your thread, but more information about this please. :)
    • Chlidonias
      looks like a real mermaid to me. Mermaid exhibits are the best.
    • devilfish
      Sorry, I forgot to write a comment. This is a vacant enclosure but at the time of my visit a member of staff was inside dressed as a mermaid, wearing a bikini top and a mermaid's tail.

I'm not so sure. It's a lot more awkward than it sounds.
      I don't think I've ever felt like such an unwelcome ogler; all other visitors to this enclosure were families with young children who waved at the mermaid, while I stand at the back with my long lens, waiting for the children to clear so that I can take a photo of the viewing area and the enclosure (and its contents). Mission aborted.
      :eek:
    • DavidBrown
      Do you have any idea what animals lived in this exhibit before the mermaid?
    • DavidBrown
      You're calling the mermaid enclosure awkward after posting the photo of the manatee, uh, scratching itself?:)
    • devilfish
      I'm not sure but the neighbouring enclosure houses a mixed pair of fur seals, so my money would be on a pinniped.
    • devilfish
      An excellent point. I've shamelessly photographed animals in all kinds of positions. I think because this is a human doing something reasonably innocent and appearing a bit shy, plus the less innocent connotations of my attempted photography.
    • Batto
      Ever been to Weeki Wachee Springs State Park?
    • Enzo
      @DavidBrown At least a single South American sea lion, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
      DavidBrown likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    São Paulo Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    devilfish
    Date:
    11 Sep 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    179.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 750D
    Date / Time:
    2016:04:02 17:42:36
    Exposure Time:
    1/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).