snowleopard

Mixed-Species Turtle Exhibit

Aug. 11th, 2014.

Mixed-Species Turtle Exhibit
snowleopard, 1 Sep 2014
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 11th, 2014.
    • cloudedleopard
      This is a nice photo and nice collection of turtles and frogs of Nebraska. In Ohio, there is LENSC in Bay Village (near Lorain), the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center, that has a turtle/frog/snake mixed-species exhibit.
    • fkalltheway
      What species are in this exhibit? I can't quite make out what the signs posted in the photo say
    • snowleopard
      @fkalltheway Sorry, but all of my photos from the 2014 zoo trip are buried somewhere on a laptop at home and so I do not have a species list. However, here is my mini-review of the facility:

Ak-Sar-Ben Aquarium - This place is a free, non-AZA-accredited facility located in Gretna, Nebraska, and it opened in 1990. The establishment is 12,000 sq. ft. but that includes a classroom, auditorium, display area and office space. There are 12 tanks on display, with the largest being 1,450 gallons in size. The other 11 tanks hold either 480 or 580 gallons and all of the species within the exhibits are native to Nebraska or have at one time been introduced to the state. There is a nice turtle display near the front counter and several smaller terrariums in a side room and overall around 55 different species are on display. It takes perhaps 20 minutes to tour this facility.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Schramm Education Center
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    1 Sep 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    323.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2014:08:11 08:30:19
    Exposure Time:
    10/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).