Aug. 8th, 2012.

Museum
snowleopard, 8 Sep 2012
    • snowleopard
      Aug. 8th, 2012.
    • uszoo
      Wow thats alot of musk ox.
    • snowleopard
      I was amazed to come around the corner and see a herd of 9 musk ox, and they are just across from 4 polar bears and a full-sized walrus. It is intriguing to see the taxidermy specimens up close and personal as often in zoos muskoxen are lumbering dots in huge paddocks.
    • DavidBrown
      This place looks really cool, almost like Disneyland. Do you have any idea about who put it together or what the history of the place is? I looked at the website and the information is pretty sparse.
    • snowleopard
      The museum is in many ways much better than the actual zoo section of the "Wildlife Adventure" but I don't know much beyond what is stated on the website. It took almost 2 years to mount all of the dioramas and for anyone intrigued by that sort of thing the overall effect is fantastic inside the air-conditioned building. I know that more tourists have since visited as the museum offers year-round viewing while the real animals in the zoo can be seen in chilly winters or else sweltering Kansas summers. Still, only 130,000 annual visitors tour the park.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rolling Hills Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    8 Sep 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:08 11:10:34
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 640
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).