Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Musk Ox Exhibit, Part I - Minnesota Zoo

July 1st, 2008. One half of the enormous musk ox enclosure at the zoo. The habitat had a large lake in the centre that was surrounded by land, and must have been at least 5 acres in size. A single musk ox can be seen in the bottom right-hand side of the photo.

Musk Ox Exhibit, Part I - Minnesota Zoo
snowleopard, 2 Jul 2008
BrandonJCruz26 likes this.
    • snowleopard
      July 1st, 2008. One half of the enormous musk ox enclosure at the zoo. The habitat had a large lake in the centre that was surrounded by land, and must have been at least 5 acres in size. A single musk ox can be seen in the bottom right-hand side of the photo.
    • Zoogoer2000
      you'd think they'd be breeding them
    • snowleopard
      There was a small herd, but the enclosure is so massive that it's tough to find them.
    • Ituri
      From the looks of the masterplan. This is where the new African Savanna development will occur.
    • DavidBrown
      Is the Minnesota Zoo masterplan online somewhere Ituri?
    • Ituri
      Not in its entirety that I find. However some of the areas were visible in this news article slideshow. Minnesota Zoo's master plan: lions, tigers -- and zip lines, too - TwinCities.com
      I don't think the slideshow works anymore but the African Savanna and Asian Highlands renderings can be seen. If you look at the lake in the African Savanna, and the area marked existing holding to the left of the exhibit, you will find that it matches up with the existing musk ox lake and holding.
    • jackieo
    • ThylacineAlive
      Does that mean the Muskox will be leaving the zoo?:(
      Where will they go? Please tell me they're going to stay in the U.S.
    • Gulo gulo
      Musk-ox are being replaced in favor of Sichuan Takin according to the Caprinae TAG. Not sure what MN Zoo will do with theirs, as they already have Sichuan Takin.
    • ThylacineAlive
      For a North American species they seem to becoming rarer and rarer in their home continent's zoos.

I've got a nice zoo here in Connecticut that'll take them;) Another in Rhode Island as well and an evern nicer one in NY:D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Minnesota Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    2 Jul 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    230.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:01 13:47:23
    Exposure Time:
    10/13000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).