Join our zoo community
Corangurilla

Mystery construction behind Giants of the Asian Realm (Taken January 9, 2022)

Please forgive the quality. Something I noticed behind the zoo's expanded elephant exhibit. Notice the bull elephant cutout. I also saw what looked like a path leading down there on the other side. What could this all mean?

Mystery construction behind Giants of the Asian Realm (Taken January 9, 2022)
Corangurilla, 10 Jul 2022
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • StoppableSan
      So they are going with a bachelor group of elephants after all, eh?
    • Corangurilla
      @StoppableSan That’s what I’m hoping for. But which elephants could possibly move here? Beco was my first choice, but then he died and I can’t think of any specific individuals. One of the Houston bulls? Denver? Oregon? Perth???
      (That last one’s a total long shot, but maybe?)
    • StoppableSan
      @Corangurilla Denver's already integrated their group pretty well, so next best bet could be Houston, Fort Worth (if they're willing to give up a spare bull), or even Oregon. Armchair speculation aside, I've always wanted to visit Phoenix, and the thought of them just quietly and suddenly ending the elephant program they've had since their inception is baffling to me.
    • StoppableSan
      Wait a second - did they always have that elephant cutout or was it a recent installation?
    • Corangurilla
      @StoppableSan Beats me, man. I should mention that the cutout looked like it was just laying about with the other stuff, rather than officially set up. I’m hoping to make it to the zoo some time between now and mid-August so I can check the progress on this.
      I think they’re gonna have an arch over the new path on the other side, and that cutout will be on the arch. That’s what I think, at least.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Phoenix Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Corangurilla
    Date:
    10 Jul 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).