Join our zoo community
Roz

Nature Reserve Entrance

Nature Reserve Entrance
Roz, 6 Feb 2011
    • karenZOO
      This I loved the look of, I must say the wild area of Colchester looks stunning! Can't wait to get out there :D

I also like the way having the doors in the tiger tunnel has lightened up the area and will hopefully encourage more people down the whole tunnel not just look out the first window and give up looking for tigers lol
    • Roz
      Agreed, once this area has had a bit of time to recover from construction, and some species had a chance to establish themselves in the area, it will be a very nice area and hopefully will become home to some endangered UK species too.
    • Goretex
      I wonder whether they'll get the BTCV in to look after it.;)
    • DavidBrown
      What is this exhibit? Is it an area of natural woodland?
    • zoogiraffe
      It is indeed an area of natural marsh woodland.
    • EvilKittie
      Out of curiousity - but what species are they expecting to establish in this area that would become a crowd puller? Would it mainly be small birds or are they hoping for some mammals/larger birds to take hold?

Cheers,
      EK
    • dean
      I believe the idea is to give the paying guests a walk a round a native wild area as opposed to recreated tropical ones,
      It is possible that if they cultivate native reeds etc they could use them as a source of bedding etc if they are cut back every so often. Also native willows can be copiced to provide brows too.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Colchester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Roz
    Date:
    6 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    329.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S1500
    Date / Time:
    2011:01:06 01:21:13
    Exposure Time:
    10/850 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    5.9 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).