New aviary for wading birds 14th August 1999

I did not like the bridge.

New aviary for wading birds 14th August 1999
Parrotsandrew, 12 Mar 2013
    • Parrotsandrew
      I did not like the bridge.
    • FBBird
      New aviary....

I can see the head of a Silver Pheasant, but were there any actual waders in here?
    • Parrotsandrew
      Well spotted. I have just looked at my notes for this visit and I have put in my jottings during the day "new aviary - PG, NH, SP, IP", and then in my later write up "new aviary open, thought did not look too good. Bridge over stream. Only occupants are those in previous aviary." PG is obviously Purple Gallinule, NH is Night Heron, SP you have spotted and that leaves IP. I'm not sure about that other than it will not be Impeyan Pheasant as a) I always call them Himalayan Monals and b) I do not remember any at F L at this time. Oh, I know - Indian Peafowl! The aviary was said to be for wading birds when it was built, but all was to change as a new Zoo Manager started at F L on 1st November and there was a major reorganisation. My notes for 6th November say the Andean Condors may have their space extended into the Turkey Vultures' aviary with the latter moving to this new one and the initial occupants of the latter departing the zoo. That did happen other than the Peafowl must have stayed and become free-roaming. As I said on the other photograph this aviary eventually held Scarlet Macaws. My 6th November notes lament the departure of the Soay Sheep that afternoon (at least I saw them in the morning), but look forward to the arrival of Orange-winged Amazons (the start of my love affair with this species), Blue-fronted Amazons (one was already behind the scenes) and Greater Vasa Parrots on Monday 8th.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Flamingo Land
    Uploaded By:
    Parrotsandrew
    Date:
    12 Mar 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    483.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    792px
    Height:
    1178px
    Make:
    HP
    Model:
    HP pst_p02b
    Date / Time:
    2013:03:12 10:56:36

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).