BeardsleyZooFan

New England Farmyard- Domestic Cat Exhibit

August 17th, 2013

New England Farmyard- Domestic Cat Exhibit
BeardsleyZooFan, 19 Aug 2013
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      August 17th, 2013
    • dean
      this is a very odd display to my mind, what is the purpose of it BZF? is it to show the damage cats can do to the environment or what?:confused:
    • ThylacineAlive
      Well, it's a New England farm exhibit, and they have cats on farms, so when the zoo caught the stray, it seemed logical to put it on display since the enclosure was empty. I think that's the story anyway.

~Thylo:cool:
    • elefante
      What a bizarre exhibit. Something doesn't sit well with me about a cat being kept on display.
    • ThylacineAlive
      Why? It's certainly better than it just running freely all day.

• Pleistohorse
      Or the pound.
    • jbnbsn99
      No, just no. Zoos are not for pets.
    • elefante
      I agree, not a place for pets.
    • DavidBrown
      I don't see a problem with a farm exhibit having a dog or cat.
    • ThylacineAlive
      Me neither. I understand where jb is coming from and I agree that zoos should focus more on wild species and not domesticated animals but Beardsley is a small zoo and an exhibit like this is pretty vital to it. If it makes you feel better, the exhibit is also home to a porcupine, a raven, a pair of Snowy Owls, a trio of Barn Owls, Striped Newts, Brown Rats, a pair of Greater Rhea (until their new enclosure is built), an Eastern Snapping Turtle, several additional wild reptile species native to the state, a Great Horned Owl, several insect species, and a multitude of birds (mostly waterfowl but also some guineafowl) along with the domestics.

There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    BeardsleyZooFan
    Date:
    19 Aug 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    214.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.9
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    SP810UZ,SP815UZ
    Date / Time:
    2013:08:16 23:29:59
    Exposure Time:
    1/10 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).