Join our zoo community
Gigit

New entrance, 24 January 2022

New entrance, 24 January 2022
Gigit, 24 Jan 2022
TinoPup and KevinB like this.
    • Gigit
      The only way into the zoo currently (once you're through the Reception/Shop building) - through what was the Brookside Aviary. The birds have gone but the netting remains.
    • TriUK
      @Gigit surely there must be plans for an animal enclosure between this point and the tigers? There will be no netting apparently, but otters, Mara, wallaby? It’s a long way to walk without animal views otherwise? It’s a strange decision I think. Who knows?
    • Gigit
      @TriUK Maybe not in the, hopefully, short-term while this is the only route in and out of the zoo. Imagine what it will be like as the zoo gets busier with everyone having to parade slowly through here at least twice a day along with the phalanxes of buggies and other forms of transport. Let's hope they get cracking on the boardwalk replacement without delay.
    • TriUK
      I agree. I thought they were widening the paths too, but obviously not? If the trend is to ‘do away’ with wooden boardwalks and bridges, I wonder what the future of monkey heights and crocswamp are in their current configuration? Replacing with the custom steels we saw used on the ape house bridges will be a massive expense!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paignton Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Gigit
    Date:
    24 Jan 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    913.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1642px
    Height:
    1095px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ1000
    Date / Time:
    2022:01:24 10:07:40
    Exposure Time:
    10/1600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1250
    Focal Length:
    9.12 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).