June 2020

New Giraffe enclosure
Hix, 23 Jun 2020
    • Jambo
      Beautiful exhibit:)
    • Hix
      Due to open officially on Saturday.
    • DavidBrown
      @Hix I remember this iconic exhibit fondly from my 1987 visit to Taronga Zoo. What have they done in the renovations? Is there a new barn behind the rock wall? Did they increase the size of the exhibit and add the water feature in front there? Are there now additional species in the exhibit also (e.g., any aquatic species living in that pond)?
    • Hix
      @DavidBrown - The barn at the back is new, and one of the old buildings has gone (it would have been roughly where the pond is now. The original exhibit has been enlarged to incorporate another larger exhibit that existed below and behind the Giraffe exhibit. The giraffes sometimes had access to it, but it was a separate exhibit and the animals had to be led down a raceway to it. There were only a family of wild ducks in the pond when I was there, I suspect they might put something, like Egyptian Goose.
      This video shows the new exhibit in all it's glory
      DavidBrown likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Taronga Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    23 Jun 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    197.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    768px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).