Join our zoo community
littleRedPanda

New Guinea ground cuscus

New Guinea ground cuscus
    • migdog
      Definitely a ground cuscus. Where can it be found in the zoo? Hoping to visit soon.
    • littleRedPanda
      @migdog They are next to the golden possums, opposite the Cotton top tamarins
      migdog likes this.
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      This looks exactly like a New guinea cuscus.
    • littleRedPanda
      @CheeseChameleon2007 There are no signs up yet, so I looked on zootierliste; I dont think Andrew said anymore than there being cuscus in a previous discussion.
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      @littleRedPanda Im doing it mainly just by looking at the Animal. I am 99% confident that this is A New guinea ground cuscus by the Looks alone.
    • migdog
      @littleRedPanda thanks. Do you know if there is an outside enclosure being built?
    • littleRedPanda
      @migdog I dont think so. They are in the hut adjoining the Possums outdoor area.
    • hmb_zoo
      @migdog You can only see them through some round cut-outs. I took a photo of the viewing area on my visit this week - I'll post it in a mo.
      migdog likes this.
    • Andrew Swales
      Yes, NG Ground Cuscus. Viewable indoors only for the moment, via the peep-hole slides which have been fixed open for the moment so that people dont have to touch them. We had an outdoor enclosure planned but have postponed it for the moment as the Cuscus are rearing their first joey. The Cuscus, Echidnas, Ring-tail Possums, Bettongs (maybe), Potoroos and a second enclosure for Golden Possums, plus maybe Gilders, will be mixed in a couple of new enclosures. Displaying these indoors AND outdoors is a challenge, so we expect it will be a bit of a moving target...
      The second enclosure (for Echidnas and Ring-tail) is ready, but not in use yet as we await delivery of the heaters. Supply of goods and labour during Covid is very patchy. We are OK if we can do the work in-house, but for jobs requiring outside contractors, it is something of a lottery. A roofing job for example that we cant do ourselves, is still awaited, despite being commissioned (and paid for up-front) back in August.
      CMP and littleRedPanda like this.
    • Themonkeyguy1
      @Andrew Swales Are the second enclosure (echidna/ring tail) complete yet? Planning a visit but don’t want to book without being able to see these two species! Many thanks in advance
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Hamerton Zoo Park
    Uploaded By:
    littleRedPanda
    Date:
    8 Dec 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    269 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    800px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7500
    Date / Time:
    2018:02:07 14:44:07
    Exposure Time:
    1/20 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).