Join our zoo community
Elephas Maximus

New sugar glider cage

All 4 of them are fit in the feeder. Of course there needs to be more climbing structures, that can be easily done... The gliders are quite tame, they're handled and hand-fed daily so don't bite. Young ones started to glide recently.

New sugar glider cage
Elephas Maximus, 13 Dec 2014
    • Elephas Maximus
      All 4 of them are fit in the feeder.
      Of course there needs to be more climbing structures, that can be easily done...
      The gliders are quite tame, they\'re handled and hand-fed daily so don\'t bite. Young ones started to glide recently.
    • vogelcommando
      Can't imiginate a zoo can display his animals this way.... !
    • Elephas Maximus
      And there was a hammock but removed.
      But if the conditions are too bad, the gliders shouldn't have bred there, right? They're not rats after all.
    • stubeanz
      Still poor enclosure, needs plenty of hides and a wheel and as you said more climbing structures. Sugar gliders will breed in very bad conditions my old pair of rescues came from somebody who was keeping 14 breeders in a chinchilla cage with one hide.... It took two years before their coat started to come through grey and not brown.
    • Elephas Maximus
      The female has given birth again and was moved to another cage with a hammock shelter.
    • Nanook
      Absolutely, and if this is their NEW cage, what the hell was the old one like!!
    • Bib Fortuna
      This is the best argument for keeping animals in such poor conditions like this one...I loe it-if tehy breed, tehy doing and feel very well, right ? Strange,in teh past, bares have berd in the old bear castles and bear pits, lions in small, empty cages, elephants in tiny exhibits, apes in the bathromm style cages and even teh animals in the perfect fur farmes breeding well there. I think, they feel alright there-yeah, they do, because they breed.Alos the manatees at artis in teh old bathtube have bred there regualry-so I ask, why Artis has stopped keeping them there ?

My opinion is-if an animals lives very long, then it is allright and feels good, nevertheless the way its being kept.;)
    • Bib Fortuna
    • kiang
      I'm still waiting for the wink at the end of that sentence!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Green Gallery Mini Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Elephas Maximus
    Date:
    13 Dec 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    282.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    SAMSUNG
    Model:
    SAMSUNG WB600 / VLUU WB600 / SAMSUNG WB610
    Date / Time:
    2014:12:13 11:32:18
    Exposure Time:
    1/6 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    3.9 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).