Join our zoo community
LemurMan

New Tiger House Yorkshire Wildlife Park

The new tiger house at Yorkshire Wildlife Park, enclosure opening Easter Holidays 2011.

New Tiger House Yorkshire Wildlife Park
LemurMan, 18 Feb 2011
    • LemurMan
      The new tiger house at Yorkshire Wildlife Park, enclosure opening Easter Holidays 2011.
    • Kifaru Bwana
      The landscaping et cetera looks a bit spartan ... :confused:
    • LemurMan
      This photo was taken from across the camel enclosure. I think the Tiger enclosure is going to in front of the tiger house down towards the African Plains (which are behind where I'm standing).
    • savanah
      Tiger House

Local paper reports say that it is going in the other direction so the tigers have the woods that you can see behind the house in this shot, and they are on the edge of the wetlands. Visitor viewing is from that side I think, not from this angle. Easter also not confirmed, recent leaflet says summer 2011. But very exciting! :eek:
    • LemurMan
      That would make it a better enclosure to be honest. A ranger I spoke to yesterday confirmed the first pair will be arriving before the Easter Holidays. But I know that all this can change.
    • LemurMan
      But yeah I do agree it is very exciting! It's great to have an up and coming wildlife park on my door step :)
    • OrangePerson
      I'm curious, your avatar looks like one of my photographs, is it or is it just a coincidence?
    • willtheman45
      The enclosure will be at the back of this house-lots of work on it today although only posts in there at the moment but coming along quite quickly.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Yorkshire Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    LemurMan
    Date:
    18 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    229 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.8
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-S780
    Date / Time:
    2011:02:18 12:18:38
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    17.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).