Join our zoo community
KevinB

Newly finished viewing area for new exhibit between The Last Frontier and the raptor aviaries, 2021-09-03

I have read some speculation this exhibit will house white-tailed deer, but I'm not sure if its future inhabitants have ever been officially confirmed.

Newly finished viewing area for new exhibit between The Last Frontier and the raptor aviaries, 2021-09-03
KevinB, 10 Sep 2021
    • PicanBird
      Lovely enclosure but might feel rather small for the wapiti to move into? Could be just me
    • KevinB
      @Anubite I agree that it seems a bit on the small side for large cervids, and certainly smaller than the space the wapitis occupied until recently. That said, they only have a small non-breeding herd of three female wapitis, so it also wouldn't be totally unacceptable.

Some have also speculated the moose might move to this exhibit, and the wapitis to the current moose exhibit. The relatively wet character of this exhibit would suit moose, but the area would be even more on the small side for them.
      PicanBird likes this.
    • PicanBird
      @KevinB Exactly my thoughts, many options, and secretly hoping that there's more space being added for whatever is joining this enclosure.
    • KevinB
      @Anubite I don't think they could really expand this exhibit much further, as there's keeper and visitor roads and exhibits all around it (You can see on the right side how close it is to the raptor aviaries and mews). All they could do to add a little bit of space is (re)move the nearby gift shop tent.
    • PicanBird
      @KevinB Oh wow, you are right. Did not even notice. Fair point!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pairi Daiza
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    10 Sep 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2021:09:03 15:14:54
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).