Join our zoo community
Nice Signage Illustration
    • CarLover
      This is a cool illustration, almost every animal cougars prey upon is in this signage.
    • David Matos Mendes
      @CarLover
      Beautiful indeed. It contributes to show the variety of environments said beasts inhabit as well.
    • iluvwhales
      I particularly like that this sign is multilingual. I've seen this at Detroit Zoo whose signs are in Spanish and Arabic (the nearby town of Dearborn has the largest Muslim population per capita and the largest proportion of Arab Americans in the U.S.), but I don't think I've seen it anywhere else in my travels. It's a great way to make the important lessons more accessible to the local zoogoers, particularly in such an ethnically diverse place as New York where some number of visitors may predominantly speak (in this case) Spanish. I'd like to see this sort of thing rolled out in more zoos, particularly in New York, perhaps even the addition of Chinese or Japanese language signs as the Bronx Zoo often gets tourists of Asian descent.
    • ZooElephantMan
      @iluvwhales I visited the Denver Zoo several months ago, and many of their signs were translated into Spanish because the US southwest has a large population of immigrants from Central America. I agree that it can be very useful and important for zoo education and visitor accessibility.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Queens Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    ZooElephantMan
    Date:
    5 Sep 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.5 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone SE (2nd generation)
    Date / Time:
    2022:09:05 11:47:07
    Exposure Time:
    1/85 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    3.99 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).