Join our zoo community
MagpieGoose

Nocturnal House, Aye-Aye Enclosure

This enclosure was home to the mother and twins.

Nocturnal House, Aye-Aye Enclosure
MagpieGoose, 22 Dec 2015
    • MagpieGoose
      This enclosure was home to the mother and twins.
    • Pertinax
      Interesting to see it lit for 'daytime'.

When I was there recently I could just make out the AyeAye's dim shapes on top of the nestbox on the left- the rest of the enclosure was a blackout.
    • JigerofLemuria
      Looks kinda artificial to me... I'd recommend sculping the enclosure to look like wood/rock formations, and adding natural foliage, if possible.
    • zoogiraffe
      Hmm indoor exhibit with no natural lighting,yes natural foliage will work well as it will soon look like a dead and cut down Madagascan Forest!!!
    • JigerofLemuria
      I have thought about that, and here's what I suggest: have 7 potted plants, and put a different one in the enclosure every day, rotating them; each gets one day of darkness and six days of natural light. How's that for a system to keep them alive? ;)
    • TeaLovingDave
      It's a pretty big enclosure; you'd need a hell of a pot plant to fill the enclosure and not look like a token afterthought! :p
    • gentle lemur
      It is artificial of course (it was originally part of the indoor enclosure for a gorilla group). But it is usually seen in very dim light, where the structural features are barely visible. The nestbox and the branches are the only things that are not black, apart from the aye-ayes' features.

Alan
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bristol Zoo (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    MagpieGoose
    Date:
    22 Dec 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    273.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ72
    Date / Time:
    2015:08:23 09:30:35
    Exposure Time:
    10/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    3.58 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).