Join our zoo community
KevinB

Northern dry zone slender loris (Loris lydekkerianus nordicus) with baby, 2019-06-22

Species off-show since 2019. The Nocturama sadly closed in the fall of 2019. I only grew to really appreciate the Nocturama in the last year and a half or so before it closed. I really hope that something like the Nocturama will eventually come back at Zoo Antwerpen.

Northern dry zone slender loris (Loris lydekkerianus nordicus) with baby, 2019-06-22
    • KevinB
      The photos from the Nocturama I posted today are historical photos. Antwerp Zoo's Nocturama opened in 1968 as part of the Jubilee complex, was extensively renovated and modified with the creation of larger, mixed exhibits in 2005 and unfortunately closed forever in the fall of 2019 as the Jubilee complex was emptied for renovations. Those renovations where halted by the Covid pandemic and are planned to restart in 2023. But it has already been announced the Nocturama will not be part of the renovated complex and is gone forever.

I really only grew to appreciate the Nocturama in the last year and a half or so before it closed. I really hope that something like the Nocturama will eventually come back at Zoo Antwerpen.

Today I focused on animal photos and photos of the educational display, I have some more Nocturama photos including some exhibit photos that I might go through and post one day.
    • Mr Gharial
      It's a real shame that it closed. There aren't enough nocturnal houses in Europe
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Antwerpen
    Uploaded By:
    KevinB
    Date:
    26 Jun 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    989px
    Aperture:
    f/5.5
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M10 Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2019:06:22 15:33:31
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 6400
    Focal Length:
    56 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).