Join our zoo community
DaLilFishie

Ocean Sunfish

Ocean Sunfish
    • Great Argus
      Sunfish in a non-pelagic tank, that's a new one to me. I've only seen them in pelagic open tanks, whether in person or in photos.
      DaLilFishie likes this.
    • DaLilFishie
      @Great Argus yeah, it was quite unusual for a sunfish exhibit, there were also some bigfin reef squid hanging out towards the top (and even eggs, you can see them on the left side of the rockwork at the bottom), and supposedly a giant pacific octopus (i saw a pic posted here of one in this tank, no sign of it when i was there). i can't help but think that the tank was far too small for the sunfish (they could only swim about 4-5 times their own length before turning), it was more vertical than horizontal, and they kept bumping into the sides. they had a lot of lesions and worn away patches of skin (the white patches on the face and fins), presumably from rubbing against/bumping into the glass. it was kind of sad.
      Great Argus likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Osaka Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    DaLilFishie
    Date:
    30 Oct 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4608px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    COOLPIX W300
    Date / Time:
    0000:00:00 00:00:00
    Exposure Time:
    10/150 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 450
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).