Join our zoo community
Baldur

Oceanworld Manly - Saltwater Crocodile exhibit

September 2007 Saltwater Crocodile exhibit. This tiny tank contained only one five feet crocodile called Snapping Tom.

Oceanworld Manly - Saltwater Crocodile exhibit
Baldur, 5 Feb 2010
    • Baldur
      September 2007

Saltwater Crocodile exhibit. This tiny tank contained only one five feet crocodile called Snapping Tom.
    • JigerofLemuria
      Pathetic. They should use this for small turtles or lizards, not crocs!
    • Chlidonias
      @JigerofLemuria

1) This photo was taken over a decade ago.

2) It is a tank for baby crocodiles.

3) There was only one crocodile left at the time the photo was taken because as the babies grew they were removed.

4) This tank has long since gone.

5) Do you ever say anything that isn't angrily negative about zoo photos?
    • PAT
      6) Oceanworld Manly is closing completely in just over a week.
    • JigerofLemuria
      @Chlidonias Alright, I'm sorry, should have payed more attention, and maybe my word choice wasn't correct.
      Believe it or not, I do have very good things to say about zoo photos, but quite a few times I find that other people have commented, both for good and bad, and I struggle to find anything new to say.
      When I stumbled upon this photo, there were no comments there, therefore I commented. But I also do that to photos of things I admire and things I'm curious about. One of my most frequent question is asking what's housed in a certain enclosure/s if the description doesn't mention it, and while mildly annoying to the person who has to answer, I'm not doing it out of anger and bitterness.
      I really do believe in Zoos as a way to conserve wildlife, but when I see enclosures I dislike, most of what I can think of is how certain harmful people could use them to trash all zoos, and give them a bad name. This is what I'm fighting against; the demonized image some influential people have given zoos. I'd like the public to be influenced to really appreciate zoos, and be thankful of their presence and progress.
      So, again, maybe I get carried away by negativity sometimes, but please don't think that I'm pissed off 24/7.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Oceanworld Manly
    Uploaded By:
    Baldur
    Date:
    5 Feb 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: