Join our zoo community
Dan

Old pictures - 1967

I have found a few more old zoo photographs from my childhood in another photo album (see earlier uploads in the Borås and Kolmården galleries). The pictures in this album were dated so I know when they were taken. Here is a series of four pictures from Copenhagen Zoo, taken in 1967. This was probably my second or possibly third visit to the zoo.

Old pictures - 1967
Dan, 25 Dec 2009
    • Dan
      I have found a few more old zoo photographs from my childhood in another photo album (see earlier uploads in the Borås and Kolmården galleries). The pictures in this album were dated so I know when they were taken.

Here is a series of four pictures from Copenhagen Zoo, taken in 1967. This was probably my second or possibly third visit to the zoo.
    • Baldur
      This would have been in the old feline house which they stopped using in 1981 if I'm not mistaken. In 1981 or 1982 the tiger exhibit opened and on the back of it is an enclosure which has held snow leopards, various leopards and maybe other cats at different times. The lion exhibit was opened around 1975. According to Director Jorgensen's anniversary book from 1984 the zoo stopped keeping Jaguars in 1981.
    • Dan
      Yes, all your dates are basically correct, perhaps give or take a year or so. I might seem to recall reading that the lion exhibit was opened a little bit earlier though, possibly 1971.

The old feline house, built in the late 19th century, was a nightmare of course, although I did not understand that when I saw it for the first time as a six or seven year old child in the early 1960s. Then it was just one big glorious adventure for me to see all those big cats in real life. My parents practically had to drag me away from it..... and they just thought that the smell was awful and I remember my father fearing about "What happens if someone has forgotten to lock the cages...". :eek:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo København
    Uploaded By:
    Dan
    Date:
    25 Dec 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    174.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1243px
    Height:
    1236px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).