Join our zoo community
vogelcommando

Old postcard - bear-enclosure and Monkey-Ape House

Couldn't find out when this picture was taken.

Old postcard - bear-enclosure and Monkey-Ape House
vogelcommando, 5 Oct 2019
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • vogelcommando
      Just got this postcard as a kind of present :).
      There is no year on the card so I don't know how old this photo is and also I don't know at which location at the old park this enclosure was.
      Also it would be intresting if somebody know which animals were kept in the enclosures behind this bear enclosure.
    • vogelcommando
      Spend some time to find out more about this photo and found the following information:
      - the photo must have been made around 1935
      - the building behind the bear enclosure ( sloth and sun bears ) was the in 1935 opened Monkey and Ape house. In 10 cages the following species were kept : Pig-tailed, Long-tailed and Rhesus macaques, Mangabeys, Patas monkeys, Mona monkeys, Capuchin and Squirrel monkeys and 1 Chimpanzee
    • sooty mangabey
      I’d take this over the abomination that is the “Wildlands Adventure Zoo” any day!
    • Valvas
      According to a map from the 70's the front part of the monkey house and this bear pit had been built on the location where during the last years of the park the prairie dogs could be found. The green area behind the monkey building on the picture is where the hippo enclosure and the savannah were located.
    • vogelcommando
      Thanks @Valvas for giving us an idea where the enclosures on the pictures were located !
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dierenpark Emmen (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    vogelcommando
    Date:
    5 Oct 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3025px
    Height:
    1897px
    Aperture:
    f/1.5
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G960F
    Date / Time:
    2019:10:05 22:57:15
    Exposure Time:
    1/20 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).