Join our zoo community
Bele

Open tanks with colourful 'Living Wall' of vegetation above .

Open tanks with colourful 'Living Wall' of vegetation above .
Bele, 9 Oct 2014
    • Zooplantman
      A rather nice use of "living wall" technology and a good use of space. Too bad it requires artificial light to exist.
    • temp
      A very nice collection of Madagascar cichlids in these tanks. I see at least Paratilapia (right tank), Paretroplus (middle tank, also smaller fish, probably Bedotia or Pachypanchax?) and Ptychochromis (left tank). The historical connection to Madagascar is often evident in both zoos and aquariums in the country. Tragic with the early death of Jean-Claude Nourissat; he laid much of the groundwork in keeping these and one can only speculate what additional discoveries (both in the wild and in terms of captive keeping) he could have brought us.
    • Bele
      My knowledge of aquatic animals is not great , neither is my French ! I did get the impression that this Aquarium is working with a lot of rare freshwater species . It reminded me of the Aquarium at London Zoo . Many very well presented , but not large , exhibits with a vast array of unusual and commoner species .

I enjoyed my visit very much . As you pass it on the way to the Zoo from the Metro it makes a good combined day of zoological treats . The same can be said for combining the Menagerie with the Life Science museums in the Jardin des Plantes , and for those who also enjoy plants , the gardens and greenhouses are great .
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Palais de la Porte Dorée Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Bele
    Date:
    9 Oct 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    381.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ40
    Date / Time:
    2014:09:16 14:03:48
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).