Hix

Overview of smaller tanks/pools

December 2012

Overview of smaller tanks/pools
Hix, 3 Jan 2013
    • Hix
      December 2012
    • PAT
      What's in the tank at the bottom left? Is that a short-finned eel and then some sort of freshwater fish? And what lives in the larger 'F' shaped tank?

I've read your review and now I want to check out the one here in Melbourne. I just put it into google maps and it's only about half an hour drive from my house.
    • Chlidonias
      the fish at bottom left look like some sort of eel-tailed catfish (Tandanus).

The objects in the F-shaped tank sort of look like baby rays?
    • Hix
      The pool at bottom left has an eel and some catfish, maybe some other generic gray fish - didn't pay too much attention to it.

The F-shaped pools: The long one has stingarees, shovelnosed rays and the lone blue spotted ray. The top bar of the 'F' has Port Jackson Sharks and a Blind Nurse Shark, and some fiddlers, the second bar is split into two smaller pools, the one closest to centre frame has the baby fiddlers, eagle rays and Port Jacksons, the part closest to the long part of the 'F' has the Butterfly Rays and more fiddlers.
    • PAT
      Thanks for the information. They seem to have a wider range of species than I would have expected. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Australian Shark and Ray Centre
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    3 Jan 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    167.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    768px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).