Join our zoo community
blospz

Pachyderm House (Elephant Section) - 5/3/12

Pachyderm House (Elephant Section) - 5/3/12
blospz, 11 May 2012
ZooNerd1234 likes this.
    • BlackRhino
      So what exactly is the future of elephants at the Brookfield Zoo?
    • TropicWorld54
      They are going to get a new complex where the hoofstock enclosurers are north of the giraffe and wild dog exhibit.
    • BlackRhino
      Do you know when they will start construction? Are they keeping the black rhinos in here then?
    • TropicWorld54
      They are not going to start construction for a while on the website it said that they have raised 75million of the needed 150million to complete phase two of the masterplan which is Elephants, new arrival area at north entrance and new childrens zoo. The black rhinos are staying here they recently converted the elephant exhibit to a new black rhino exhibit.
      Here is their stratigic plan the masterplan map is on page 29
      http://www.czs.org/czs/About-CZS/Strategic-Plan/Strategic-Plan-2010-2015
    • BlackRhino
      Thanks for the info!
    • gerenuk
      According to this picture taken a few days ago, it appears that this building will be renovated and will remain the elephant house.
    • TropicWorld54
      I saw that also but i think that they just say that to get peoples hopes up on elephants returning quicker instead of takeing time to build a completely new exhibit. I am going here tomorrow and will ask some one about it. And why would they show on the official masterplan that the are getting a new complex
    • gerenuk
      Masterplans are not detailed futures. Look at the great bear wilderness exhibit on the masterplan. It looks very different from what they actually built.
    • TropicWorld54
      The masterplan one the link has the correct great bear wilderness because they update it and i am sure that they would update it if there was a major change like not makeing a new building that would cost over 150 million that they were raiseing already. plus there is not much room by the pachyderm building at the location on the master plan it is all abandoned hoofstock enclosures and would be right next to the other African animals.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    blospz
    Date:
    11 May 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    235.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ40
    Date / Time:
    2012:05:03 14:33:51
    Exposure Time:
    10/130 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).