Join our zoo community
DevinL

Panda Passage Giant Panda Indoor Exhibit #2

Jia Panpan (up front) and Jia Yueyue (in the background) in the second indoor exhibit at Panda Passage. You can get exceptionally close to the giant pandas here and I took another photo just inches from Jia Panpan!

Panda Passage Giant Panda Indoor Exhibit #2
DevinL, 3 May 2018
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • geomorph
      This one appears to be a small enclosure, is there more to the right, not visible in this photo?
    • DevinL
      This picture shows the majority of the space, although there is a bit more space on both the left and right sides of this photo. This exhibit has a much greater percentage of usable space than the other indoor exhibit at the Calgary Zoo and the indoor exhibits at the River Safari Singapore, both of which have steep areas for open-moat style viewing.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • DevinL
      @geomorph The two indoor exhibits are a total of 431 square meters (4,639 square feet). The two outdoor spaces (one not visible to the public) are a total of 1,512 square meters (16,275 square feet).
      I am not sure of the exact size of giant panda exhibits in the US, but I believe that the exhibits at the Calgary Zoo are bigger than those at the San Diego Zoo or Memphis Zoo, but the total space for pandas at the National Zoo (3 outdoor exhibits) is greater.
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Calgary Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    DevinL
    Date:
    3 May 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    8.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4592px
    Height:
    3064px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-GM1
    Date / Time:
    2018:05:01 14:03:26
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    12 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).