Join our zoo community
Zooish

Parrot Paradise - Red-bellied Macaw

Parrot Paradise - Red-bellied Macaw
    • Zooish
      Jurong houses all extant macaw species except Illiger's and Northern red-shouldered macaws (and the Buffon's are currently off show).
    • Kakapo
      Nice! This is the only species that I lack in the genus (in my photo collection)
    • ThylacineAlive
      @Kakapo Red-Bellied Macaw is the only member of its genus so I'd imagine it would be the only one you're missing :p

~Thylo
    • Kakapo
      I mean that Ara manilata is the only (living) species of the genus Ara that I still miss. In fact, also the only living macaw that I still miss, since I have the 3 species of the other two macaw genus.
    • ThylacineAlive
      I only need Spix's, Lear's, Golden-Collared, and the above species to complete the set of extant macaws :)

~Thylo
      Kakapo likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Then go to Pairi Daiza and you will get the two rarest of the four species! I was lucky to have cared for a pair of golden-collared in private aviculture :)

Or much better, go to Jurong bird park, since the above comment mentions that the species that they miss are ones that you already have :)
    • TeaLovingDave
      @Kakapo GIve you imply above that you do not recognise Orthopsittaca, but also mention "the other two" macaw genera, I'm curious which other two you do recognise? :)
    • TeaLovingDave
    • ThylacineAlive
      @Kakapo I have tentative plans to get to Belgium in the next couple of years but I do not know if or when it will happen. I have other smaller trips to plan it around. Singapore is unlikely to be visited for at least five years but it is still high on my list.

~Thylo
    • Kakapo
      @TeaLovingDave The other two macaw genera (not Ara) are Cyanopsitta and Anodorhynchus.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Jurong Bird Park
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    28 Dec 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 700D
    Date / Time:
    2018:12:28 12:39:30
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    135 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).