Join our zoo community
ro6ca66

Passage through Asia (view) : Whipsnade : 28 Jan 2017

Photo taken from raised viewing area near Rhinos of Nepal exhibit. View is across part of Passage through Asia drive-through section, shortly after a heavy rain shower. Père David's deer (Elaphurus davidianus); domestic yak (Bos grunniens); Bactrian camel (Camelus bactrianus).

Passage through Asia (view) : Whipsnade : 28 Jan 2017
ro6ca66, 30 Jan 2017
    • ro6ca66
      Photo taken from raised viewing area near Rhinos of Nepal exhibit. View is across part of Passage through India drive-through section, shortly after a heavy rain shower.
    • Pertinax
      @ro6ca66 Great photo. So sharp after the rainshower. You should sell them this as a publicity shot!
    • ajmcwhipsnade
      I couldn't agree more, its a fantastic photo. I have been a few times recently and everytime the Yak's are separate or the Camels are.
    • ro6ca66
      Thanks for the kind comments and likes. I love visiting in 'bad' weather, as the light is often interesting, both during and afterwards (as here).

Looks like I had David Lean films on the brain when I posted this though. Maybe it was the expansive views with lots of camels which then led me to state this part of the Zoo is Passage through India. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    ro6ca66
    Date:
    30 Jan 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    966.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    903px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).