Join our zoo community
Maguari

Penguin Exhibit at SLC London, 17/11/11

With Gentoo Penguins. The camera exaggerates the blue lighting a little (but not too much).

Penguin Exhibit at SLC London, 17/11/11
Maguari, 15 Jan 2012
    • Maguari
      With Gentoo Penguins. The camera exaggerates the blue lighting a little (but not too much).
    • DavidBrown
      Is this the main aquarium in London?

Whatever happened to the mega-aquarium that ZSL was going to build?
    • Maguari
      Yes. It didn't start out as a SeaLife centre (an unusual situation, as it's much more common in the UK to find aquariums that used to be SeaLife but no longer are). It has a location most attractions would commit rather heinous crimes for, in the lower levels of the City Hall building, just next to the southern end of Westminster Bridge and between the Houses of Parliament/Westminster Abbey and the London Eye - and it gets very busy on weekends. This visit was opening time on a weekday and it was deliciously empty. It's actually looking rather good these days, I thought (certainly by SeaLife standards), though I'm not sure this photo is the best example of that!

Filed under 'Dreams (Pipe-)' and 'Funds and Political Support (Lack of)', I fear.
    • JamesB
      Maguari, do you have a list at all of aquariums that used to be SeaLife run and aren't now? I know of Portsmouth but don't know any others, would love to know!
    • Maguari
      Oh, I can never remember which ones were and which weren't! I think the two SeaQuariums, Rhyl and Weston, were, and Hastings and Newquay. I think.

I'm sure someone will know for sure though...

*waits*
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    SEA LIFE London Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    15 Jan 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    121 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix F100fd
    Date / Time:
    2011:11:17 10:43:57
    Exposure Time:
    10/1050 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    6.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).