Join our zoo community
lintworm

Penguin & Pelican aviary

Home to Humboldt's penguin, brown pelican, Inca tern and ducks

Penguin & Pelican aviary
lintworm, 7 Mar 2022
    • PAT
      I've never heard of this park until now but this aviary looks very well done. Thanks for the photos.
    • Maguari
      @PAT I visited for the first time last year. It's a little lightweight in species numbers (even allowing for the fact I was at Walsrode two days earlier, so my perception would have been a bit out - and to be fair the Tropical House was closed, which would also have helped) but almost everything there is very 'nice' - the big native wetland birds aviary is very good as well.
      Antoine and PAT like this.
    • lintworm
      It is a really well done park, with most of the aviaries being of high quality (and many are walkthrough too). But as @Maguari said, it is somewhat light on species and there would be plenty of opportunities to add more interesting birds. Enclosure-wise the standard is far higher than in Walsrode and probably comes closest to the Parc des Oiseaux in Villars-les-Dombes, which has some great aviaries too. This aviary was a real highlight with a flock of over 50 Inca terns and flying pelicans, the latter is a sight I will never get used too.
      PAT likes this.
    • PAT
      Thanks for the responses. Any chance of more photos? It's not very well represented in the gallery.

And @lintworm even here in Australia, I will never get sick of seeing pelicans flying.
    • lintworm
      @PAT I will upload some more pictures later on ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Vogelpark Marlow
    Uploaded By:
    lintworm
    Date:
    7 Mar 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    3000px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot SX280 HS
    Date / Time:
    2020:07:01 10:50:18
    Exposure Time:
    1/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).