Dibatag

Penguin Plunge Sneak Peak February 16th

West Side

Penguin Plunge Sneak Peak February 16th
Dibatag, 17 Feb 2012
    • Dibatag
      West Side
    • snowleopard
      How about a mini-review? Was it $25 million well spent or is the exhibit complex a disappointment? How does the outside enclosure compare to the indoor areas?
    • Dibatag
      I think that 25 million is a bit excessive for what was produced, but I would say the final product is very good. The visitor experience is the best one I have had with penguins, as they are in such close quarters.

I cannot really comment on the outdoor exhibit as it has not seen any use and will not for a few months. From what I have read the plan if for humbolts outside in the summer, kings in the winter and everyone in the transitional periods....

I will do a more comprehensive review when the time permits. Very busy with lambing right now.
    • snowleopard
      My sister-in-law recently moved to Calgary and she said that when she was at the zoo on Saturday, March 3rd, keepers were telling people in line that it was a minimum 1.5 hour wait just to enter Penguin Plunge. Apparently there were long lines of visitors snaking all the way through the zoo, and people were spending lengthy periods of time in freezing temperatures to tour the new attraction.
    • Dibatag
      The lines are very long on the weekends, but the weather has been fairly mild (+2- -2) so no one really seems to be making a fuss. The fact that there are line ups is clearly stated on the website.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Calgary Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Dibatag
    Date:
    17 Feb 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    212.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.1
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot SX220 HS
    Date / Time:
    2012:02:16 10:12:36
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 640
    Focal Length:
    5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).