Picnic Area and Stable Block - 16/06/2020

Site of the former lion enclosure.

Picnic Area and Stable Block - 16/06/2020
SMR, 16 Jun 2020
DelacoursLangur and Fallax like this.
    • Daubentoniidae
      Looks nicely done.
    • Antoine
      So strange. I can't recognize the area !
    • Fallax
      This looks really well done. I was worried it'd end up looking a bit tacky but I'm very impressed.
    • SMR
      @Antoine If it helps, twelve months ago I'd have been standing in the lion enclosure to get this photo (some curators would probably have encouraged that).
    • Antoine
      @SMR I know where you were for the photo but it sounds strange for me to see the change between before and now.
      I must come back again to see on my own :)
    • amur leopard
      Yes, it does feel a bit strange. I guess the steep hill would be to the left and then the path does an abrupt kind of U-turn (around the lion exhibit) off to the right of the photo towards the building in the photo here. Am I remembering correctly?
    • SMR
      @amur leopard "Am I remembering correctly?" Nope, I think you have a different collection, there aren't any steep hills at Chester.
    • amur leopard
      @SMR
      Were there steps or a ramp then? I distinctly remember going down something and getting to the lion enclosure, and it was at Chester.

EDIT: I know what it was, it was the Wooden bridge over the cheetah enclosure. Does that match?
    • SMR
      @amur leopard There is a wooden ramp - The Bats Bridge - but it's not steep as it's wheelchair-friendly. It'd be over your left shoulder from the viewpoint of this photograph.

Many years ago there was a set of steps up to a high-level viewing platform, but I doubt you're that old. ;)
    • amur leopard
      @SMR
      Right, yes that's what I was thinking of I guess. It probably seemed steeper because I was quite young so it seemed more daunting :D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    SMR
    Date:
    16 Jun 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3240px
    Height:
    2160px
    Aperture:
    f/8.0
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    ILCE-9
    Date / Time:
    2020:06:16 09:15:22
    Exposure Time:
    1/160 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    24 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).