Join our zoo community
Simon Hampel

Platapusary

If you want to see a Platypus- don't go anywhere else ... this is the place! You need to be there when it is quiet and you need a bit of luck that they will be out and about and not sleeping.

Platapusary
Simon Hampel, 23 Oct 2008
    • Simon Hampel
      If you want to see a Platypus- don't go anywhere else ... this is the place!

You need to be there when it is quiet and you need a bit of luck that they will be out and about and not sleeping.
    • mstickmanp
      How many Platypus do they have?
    • PAT
      Inthis exhibit are the only zoobred pair of Platypus and they bred some time last year. There are more ??platypus/platypi?? in the platypussary which is a noicturnal house that you can see underwater. You'll have more luck seeing a platypus in the second exhibit though.
      I can't say how much I love this exhibit and my words don't do it justice.
    • Simon Hampel
      I agree - I went to Healesville expecting to be a bit disappointed, but we spent nearly an hour at the Platapusary just spell-bound watching the two Platapus swimming around and playing.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Healesville Sanctuary
    Uploaded By:
    Simon Hampel
    Date:
    23 Oct 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    539.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/13.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 40D
    Date / Time:
    2008:09:26 12:29:15
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    17 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).