Join our zoo community
Julio C Castro

Platypus entrance signage

Similarly themed to the rest of Walkabout Australia

Platypus entrance signage
Julio C Castro, 12 Dec 2019
birdsandbats, CarLover, betsy and 3 others like this.
    • snowleopard
      Thanks for being the first zoo nerd to post photos of a live Platypus in an American zoo for 60+ years...wow! ZooChat was decades away from its existence when the last Platypus graced North American shores. It's very intriguing that San Diego included 'Duck-billed' in this prominent sign.
    • Julio C Castro
      @snowleopard oh wow thank you so much, you’re too kind :) I’m very fortunate to live here in Southern California and I promise to all of my fellow Zoochatters to get more photos of them in the coming months, will be acquiring a new camera setup that will allow me to capture them better. I wish all of you could come see them, they are truly a spectacle and I’m so happy to see the general public loving them as much as us zoo nerds! :)
    • Chlidonias
      I don't know if I'd be able to stop myself ripping that "Duck-billed" part of the sign right off and throwing it into the bushes.
    • DavidBrown
      @Chlidonias The security team at the park would probably help you stop yourself.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Diego Zoo Safari Park
    Uploaded By:
    Julio C Castro
    Date:
    12 Dec 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    956.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2880px
    Height:
    2160px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).