Join our zoo community
Julio C Castro

Platypus

Birra getting ready to dive again

Platypus
Julio C Castro, 23 Jan 2020
    • Matt G
      The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is the only zoo in the U.S to exhibit platypuses outside of Australia.
    • Julio C Castro
      @Matthew Guimac we are blessed to have a couple out here especially at the Safari Park!
    • Dhole dude
      I’m still upset that I was SIX DAYS of from the day the platypus exhibit opened.
    • Julio C Castro
      @Dhole dude you tried to visit them but were there too early? I’m sorry my friend :/ they are one of my favorite animals to see and can’t wait to visit again.
    • nczoofan
      I was gonna be there to see them next week, but then the whole pandemic happened. Hope to get out there for a weekend in 2021.
    • Julio C Castro
      @nczoofan I’m planning to do a trip in couple weeks as long as I’m able to and want to call up first to make sure the platypus is on exhibit, it’s not strictly an indoor exhibit but may be closed so I really want to make sure.
      nczoofan likes this.
    • nczoofan
      @Julio C Castro Hope its open for you. Don’t want you to have my experience at Lincoln Park Zoo where I showed up two different days and the Puerto Rican Parrot exhibit was closed both times :oops:
    • Julio C Castro
      @nczoofan damn that sucks :( they need to post online or even on their social media what will be closed, maybe it’s not feasible always but would help for sure!
      nczoofan likes this.
    • nczoofan
      @Julio C Castro Gives me a reason to get back to one of my favorite cities at least. But that would be real nice, especially when its not a short-term closure. My home zoo, the North Carolina Zoo is generally real good at posting about upcoming renovations/closures online. They also have screens at both entrances stating which of the exhibits are open and closed today, even breaking it down to include individual species like the giraffe.
      CMP and Julio C Castro like this.
    • Julio C Castro
      @nczoofan that’s really awesome, I’ve heard good things about North Carolina Zoo and have enjoyed the exhibits I’ve seen online :) The only kind of announcement I get occasionally from the home zoos San Diego Zoo and Safari Park comes in the form of temporary closures on their app, the aviaries at the safari park are closed from what it says but it doesn’t address the newly added platypus exhibit :oops:
      nczoofan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Diego Zoo Safari Park
    Uploaded By:
    Julio C Castro
    Date:
    23 Jan 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5568px
    Height:
    3712px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON Z 50
    Date / Time:
    2020:01:21 00:15:05
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 25600
    Focal Length:
    185 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).