Join our zoo community
loxodonta

Polar Bear exhibit- NC Zoo MAR07

Polar Bear exhibit- NC Zoo MAR07
loxodonta, 2 Mar 2009
    • snowleopard
      How much larger is this polar bear exhibit? I know that there are plans to expand it within the next couple of years, and to add more bears at the same time.
    • mstickmanp
      Are the bears allowed to go into the woods in the back of the exhibit?
    • loxodonta
      This is about 1/2 to 2/3 the exhibit. This is from the top deck of the exhibit. There is a lower viewing area that has a large window for above and underwater viewing.
    • loxodonta
      Not that I'm aware of but the new exhibit design has a wooded area as part of their exhibit
    • Baldur
      It is hard to judge this exhibit only from this photo but it gives a very good first impression at least. And if any zoo has the space to make a proper exhibit for its polar bears, it is this one. They took over 4-5 polar bears some years ago from a Mexican circus, if memory serves me right. Are they all still alive and in NC?

Supposedly there is a shortage of Polar Bears so let us see how it will go with adding more bears, but of course there is always the occasional orphan in need of a home, and with ever-improving exhibits comes hopefully higher and more successful birth rate.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    North Carolina Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    loxodonta
    Date:
    2 Mar 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: