Join our zoo community
blospz

Polar Bear Exhibit - Polar Frontier

Polar Bear Exhibit - Polar Frontier
blospz, 5 Apr 2013
    • snowleopard
      The exhibit looks to be spectacular, with a panoramic view that resembles the taiga in the Arctic. How does this fairly new polar bear exhibit compare to the one found in Detroit? The underwater tunnel in Michigan is stupendous, but there is certainly not the attention to detail like what is found with Columbus's habitat when it comes to the surrounding landscape.
    • epickoala123
      Looks great
    • TeamTapir223
      Columbus comes very close to Detroit's Arctic Ring however the vast size of Detroit's make it hard to top.Also the inclusion of seals is a plus for Detroit.Both exhibits are outstanding and we don't want to exclude Glacier Run in Louisville which also belongs in the conversation with these two.

Team Tapir223
    • blospz
      This exhibit extends on both sides beyond the window. However, I know the exhibit in Detroit is still bigger. I have no been to the one in Detroit, but I would definitely rank this as one of the best polar bear exhibits in the U.S. The Detroit underwater tunnel looks better, but the Columbus Zoo does have live fish. Overall, it's a wonderful place for Nanuq to retire to until the Buffalo Zoo completes their exhibit.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    blospz
    Date:
    5 Apr 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ40
    Date / Time:
    2013:04:03 09:49:45
    Exposure Time:
    10/3200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).