Join our zoo community
aardvark250

Polar bear exhibit

Polar bear exhibit
aardvark250, 19 Mar 2018
Coelacanth18 likes this.
    • FunkyGibbon
      Man, this is rough. And all the more so for not being objectively worse than some leading European zoos...
    • aardvark250
      Yup.And the polar bear is having sterotype behaviour, shaking its head and walking back and front in the corner.
    • snowleopard
      @FunkyGibbon You are correct, and I wonder how large those rusty-looking holding dens are...maybe just large enough for a single bear to turn around in? Who knows!
    • StoppableSan
      Easily a dismal bear exhibit! And one that would require substantial remodeling at that! (Just to give background, the reason I give suggestions is so I'm not 'that guy' who constantly criticizes and doesn't give feedback. I am referring to the kind of person you see on Metacritic or just in general discourse). One idea I just thought of would be to remodel the existing grotto to look like a pebble/steep shingle beach with grass on the edges, providing a slow transition into crashing waves. Speakers would be hidden, eminating the calls of seagulls. Another idea (keeping the snow theme) would be to showcase a tundra in winter, in that the concrete floor would be razed in favor of grass, that is covered by man-made snow from a snow machine. Of course, this would be feasible in the cooler months, and would showcase to guests the natural ecology of the Arctic.
    • David Matos Mendes
      Sad and small exhibit, yet definitely not the worst I've seen in this site.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tennōji Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    aardvark250
    Date:
    19 Mar 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/11.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 650D
    Date / Time:
    2018:02:15 12:23:54
    Exposure Time:
    1/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).