Join our zoo community
Jambo

Polar bear signage

Polar bear signage
Jambo, 17 Dec 2018
    • WhistlingKite24
      What did you think of SeaWorld overall? Did you visit recently?
    • Jambo
      Seaworld was an alright place. I visited only a month ago. The main attractions were really the rides. The animals there were alright. The park mainly held dolphins, seals, and fish which were found in more then one place around the park. There were also penguins, rays, sharks and jellyfish but I would have to say the highlight was seeing the polar bears. Including young Mishka. :D
    • WhistlingKite24
      @Jambo There’s certainly nothing like it in Australia.:rolleyes: I agree the polar bears were my main highlight when I visited a few years ago.
    • SharkFinatic
      I do think it's a bit odd to have polar bears in Australia, but then again, if we here in America can display polar bears in San Diego, I guess you can exhibit them anywhere. (In fact, here in Arizona, one zoo exhibited polar bears for a while, up until 2012 when their last polar bear died.)
    • WhistlingKite24
      @NVP I visited during a 33 degree (91.4 degrees fahrenheit) day, and the polar bears seemed to be quite comfortable and were very active.
      It is almost surreal to see polar bears in a subtropical climate.
    • Jambo
      They also have lots of ideas in their enclosure design to help keep the polar bears cool; such as the sun deflecting tarp that prevents the sun entering the enclosure.
    • SharkFinatic
      @Jambo Sounds pretty neat. If Reid Park Zoo (the Arizona zoo that I was talking about) started exhibiting polar bears again (which admittedly isn't likely) they could utilize that.
    • SharkFinatic
      Also, since these are the only polar bears in any Australian facility, how are they gonna sustain their breeding program?
      Jambo likes this.
    • Jambo
      They export all offspring born there to zoos overseas. ;)
    • WhistlingKite24
      @NVP I believe that the polar bears at Sea World are part of the AZA programme.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Sea World Gold Coast
    Uploaded By:
    Jambo
    Date:
    17 Dec 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    895.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1536px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Date / Time:
    2018:11:08 13:33:59
    Exposure Time:
    1/1244 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 20
    Focal Length:
    3.99 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).