Portuguese Blenny (Parablennius ruber)

Aquarium du La Rochelle

Portuguese Blenny (Parablennius ruber)
Kakapo, 15 May 2011
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • Kakapo
      Aquarium du La Rochelle
    • Great Argus
      Almost a full decade late, but this is Salarias fasciatus.
    • Kakapo
      Urgh!!!! Really???? I don't know how I obtained the ID - maybe from the own aquarium labels. In which characters do you base the ID? It's a shame for me as I lose a species from my photo archive :-(

P. S. I tought you would like the Great Argus figurine that I did in honour to you, but looks like you missed it :(
    • Great Argus
      @Kakapo The loose bands and the blue spots are helpful, this also happens to be a species i see in my local pet stores fairly regularly and have even kept myself in the past.
      Portuguese Blenny are generally quite red in color, with more spaced bands and an eyespot at the front of the dorsal fin. The head is also pointed in the Portuguese. A quick image search for Parablennius ruber shows very different fish from the image here.

P.S. I had indeed accidentally missed your Argus figure, and sorry I had as it is quite splendid!
    • Kakapo
      Thanks a lot! Very informative! Sadly it looks like I can't edit the title here, but I will change the filename in my stored photo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Aquarium de La Rochelle
    Uploaded By:
    Kakapo
    Date:
    15 May 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    93.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    731px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).