Join our zoo community
gentle lemur

Poster about new orang and gibbon exhibit

This poster is displayed in the new lean-to cubicle on the south side of the orang building.

Poster about new orang and gibbon exhibit
gentle lemur, 15 Jul 2017
TNT, MagpieGoose and snowleopard like this.
    • gentle lemur
      My apologies for the poor reproduction of this poster, but I hope it is legible. Unfortunately the plan on the poster is not very clear, but it shows the proposed new exhibit on the north side of the building, on the site of the current hunting dog exhibit.
      Beside the poster there is a model of an orang and a graphic to show progress towards the total cost of £800,000. I can't remember the exact total to the end of June 2017, but it was around £125,000 so there is still some way to go. I am surprised there is not also a slot and collecting box for donations.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • Brum
      We'll that is interesting, after years of talk Dudley are actually doing something with the orangs. Interestingly there wasn't any sign up a week ago and it looked just as it did when Benosaurus posted a photo.
    • Benosaurus
      Sounds like they have some really good plans. I like that the exhibit will be covered and that the gibbons will be joining them (the gibbons already have quite a nice enclosure).

However, that poster is really poor. There's no excitement/ enthusiasm in the text and the diagrams are useless. That's not how you engage the public.
    • AdrianW1963
      I wonder what will replace the Lars in there enclosure and what will happen to the Hunting dogs as the plans appear to extent into their enclosure (as I stated nearly 4years ago) These are great plans but will hold final judgement after they are complete as it as taken 4 years at least to get to this stage..
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dudley Zoological Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    gentle lemur
    Date:
    15 Jul 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    422.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    983px
    Height:
    1414px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D500
    Date / Time:
    2021:07:14 13:34:42
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    105 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).