Join our zoo community
pachyderm pro

Problem Area - Abandoned Building

Problem Area - Abandoned Building
pachyderm pro, 11 Jul 2020
UngulateNerd92 and snowleopard like this.
    • snowleopard
      How many abandoned/empty buildings and exhibits are there currently at Brookfield Zoo? (A slumbering zoological giant!)
    • pachyderm pro
      Oh where do I begin. The amount of abandoned areas at Brookfield is beyond ridiculous at this point. Bear Grottos, aardvark house, Nile hippo pool, vampire bat cave, stingray touch tank, bird show arena and numerous hoofstock paddocks have all been void of animals for many years. Combine this with many empty fields and deteriorating buildings and it could be argued that Brookfield has regressed over the past years. Not to mention many former animal exhibits such as the reptile house and baboon island have been altered into non animal attractions. A real shame Brookfield has fallen in such hard times, as it has the potential to once more be a truly great zoo.
    • Amphibiman
      For the life of me, I cannot recall what this building was used for. I think it was probably just offices, but I vaguely remember YEARS ago it possibly being used as heated waiting for the Snowball Express in the winter. Am I wrong? Does anyone recall what this building was used for?
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      Couldn't many of these buildings be effeciently re-used for holding smaller taxa in need of ex-situ like amphibians, reptiles, inverts, freshwater fish etc ?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    pachyderm pro
    Date:
    11 Jul 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    9.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/9.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS Rebel T6
    Date / Time:
    2000:01:01 00:00:16
    Exposure Time:
    1/80 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).