Join our zoo community
Neva

Pure curiosity - Amur leopard cat

Pure curiosity - Amur leopard cat
Neva, 6 Nov 2019
    • Neva
      I thought that Chemnitz has only an adult male of an Amur leopard cat, however I saw that another cat next to an enclosure of Gordon's wildcats.

It's my third meeting with this subspecies and to be honest I didn't expected good photos here (a male fall asleep and I didn't know about the existence of this individual). I had 15 minutes to an end of my visit when this guy decided to show up himself.

He was observing me for a moment. I gently moved a dry leaf and it rustled. A cat become curious and he made his move. He slowly walked to me... and decided to sit opposite to me in beautiful scenery of green branches of spruce! We were sitting like that (well, the only difference was that I haven't got any spruce) for a moment. A cat looked at me, at the sky, at the spruce... And decided to leave.

It was one of the best wild cat meetings I have this year. And my dream to photograph this subspecies come true!
      Goura likes this.
    • Luke da Zoo nerd
      One of the coolest cats deserves to be photographed by you! (Great shot!):)
      Neva likes this.
    • Terry Thomas
      Very nice portrait
      Neva likes this.
    • Arizona Docent
      Certainly an excellent photo.
      Neva likes this.
    • Neva
      @Luke da Zoo nerd Thanks a lot! I think it always depends on cat if she/he wants to invite me to her/his world for a while. This one wanted and I was over the moon with that fact :D.

@Terry Thomas Thank you!

@Arizona Docent Thank you very much! It means a lot to me!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tierpark Chemnitz
    Uploaded By:
    Neva
    Date:
    6 Nov 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1365px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).