Goura

Pygmy hippopotamus

Pygmy hippopotamus
Goura, 12 Apr 2012
Patrick Keegan likes this.
    • PAT
      I really love this photo :) Good job!
    • Goura
      Thanks- it was my first time at Melbourne zoo since 1993!
    • PAT
      Did you enjoy it? I love hearing what people think about my home zoo. A huge proportion of the zoo has been renovated since your last visit.
    • Goura
      Well i don't remember much about my last visit and also i wasn't into photography then. I was most impressed by the Great Flight Aviary in which i spent quite a long time (birds are my main interest) and seeing a Regent Honeyeater was nice as well since i will probably never get the chance to see one in the wild. I think the space is well used but i would like to see the smaller cats (like caracal) in areas where they can behave more naturally but perhaps that's the next stage of development?
    • Blackduiker
      That is a great pygmy hippo shot.
    • Goura
      Thanks - quite lucky really because until then they had both been in the water and I thought i'd take just one last look on my way out.
    • Chlidonias
      I forget what their hippo enclosure is like. Can you only view them through the glass?
    • Goura
      No, but the glass windows are set up near the 'bank' of the water so they are more likely to come out at that point.
    • washaw
      Great picture; thanks for posting!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Melbourne Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Goura
    Date:
    12 Apr 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    525.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-410
    Date / Time:
    2011:07:18 03:43:03
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    70 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).