Join our zoo community
bongorob

Queue at the ticket office Chester Zoo 8th March 2014

This was the size of the queue at Chester Zoo at 10.40am on Saturday 8th March 2014. It was Adopters' Day and considering that a lot of people had complimentary tickets, the number of paying guests must have been huge.

Queue at the ticket office Chester Zoo 8th March 2014
bongorob, 9 Mar 2014
    • bongorob
      This was the size of the queue at Chester Zoo at 10.40am on Saturday 8th March 2014.

It was Adopters\' Day and considering that a lot of people had complimentary tickets, the number of paying guests must have been huge.
    • gentle lemur
      A new camera? Congratulations :)

Alan
    • bongorob
      I had this camera in May 2012.
    • sooty mangabey
      Marwell were reporting on Twitter today that there was a 40 minute queue to get into the car park (and then presumably another queue to get into the zoo itself). This speaks of large crowds, or shocking inefficiency (or both). A few good sunny days and there should be plenty of money rolling into zoo coffers, hopefully.
    • gentle lemur
      The camera still thinks it's brand new ;)
      BTW I'm amazed that you were outside the zoo as late as 10.40 :)

Alan
    • bongorob
      I was 57 last month, I can't rush around like I did in my younger days. :)

The rail service on Saturday mornings between Crewe and Chester is one train an hour at 23 mnutes past, so I either have to arrive at the zoo late or arrive very early and wait until opening time. On this occasion I chose the first option.

And the train leaving Crewe at 23 minutes past the hour arrives at Chester just as the train to Bache leaves, so it's another 15 minutes wait.
    • gentle lemur
      Typical of youngsters like you these days :D :D :D

Alan
    • SmallestGiraffe
      I was thankful that i had the adopter tickets so didn't have to wait in queues, we got there for 10.10am and there was queues everywhere.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    bongorob
    Date:
    9 Mar 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: