Join our zoo community
Maguari

Raccoon Dog enclosure at Yorkshire WP 25/04/09

Raccoon Dog enclosure at Yorkshire WP 25/04/09
Maguari, 25 Apr 2009
    • James27
      Is there more in there than just the pile of branches? Seems like they could use more furniture in there.
    • Maguari
      No, that's pretty much it at the moment; not that the dogs seem too put out about it. But some plants might be nice, eh?
    • Hix
      What are those sticks leaning up against the fence?
    • Jacobea
      Though this looks like a decent enclosure, the wooden fence (which looks sturdy!) and half lawn/half chip makes me think of a garden :p Patching the two and adding some plants would probably make it look more natural, but as it's a new place, I guess they've got improvement ideas somewhere up their sleeves :)
    • CZJimmy
      I disagree. This does appear rather poor and rather lets down the Yorkshire Wildlife Park (where most of the enclosures seem very good)

I've said many times that I appreciate the practicality of zoo enclosures, so my opinion isn't based on aesthetics, it's that this is a very open enclosure with very little furniture. In a month or two the grass may become very long and the enclosure may change, but at the moment it seems poor.

Hix: i think those sticks are hotwire
    • snowleopard
      This enclosure could be put to better use for lawn bowling.:) I hope that the grass grows in as the months progress...
    • James27
      Maybe they should heighten two of the walls so they can put more furniture in here? It seems like a decent size but too empty.
    • Hix
      Thanks, I should have guessed that. The yellow sign is a bit of a giveaway.
    • Jordan-Jaguar97
      It is a nice enclosure but plant's wouldn't do to much harm!
    • Maguari
      Since this photo was taken the exhibit has been planted up, and has changed from Raccoon Dogs to Yellow Mongoose.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Yorkshire Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    25 Apr 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: