Join our zoo community
cypher

Raccoon Exhibit

Here's the new addition to the Raccoon exhibit. Something for them to climb around during the day.

Raccoon Exhibit
cypher, 9 Dec 2014
    • cypher
      Here\'s the new addition to the Raccoon exhibit. Something for them to climb around during the day.
    • arcticwolf
      It'll be interesting to see if the raccoons actually use it. When I was at the zoo last year, a keeper told me the raccoons were so lazy that they wouldn't use most of the enrichment items made for them.
    • cypher
      Well that explains their plump size. Anyone who sees them can tell right off the bat that they're well fed.
    • elefante
      I've never understood housing raccoons in exhibits like this. They should be in a nocturnal exhibit. Otherwise they'll just sleep all day.
    • Animal
      If the feeding times are timed well and the animals are in a good social group, they tend to be active and awake most of the day. I know some zoos where that is the case.
    • cypher
      I find that the Raccoons are pretty active during the day, but as it gets colder and colder they'll sleep longer and longer to conserve energy.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    cypher
    Date:
    9 Dec 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    316.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7100
    Date / Time:
    2014:12:09 11:45:05
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    70 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).