Join our zoo community
BeardsleyZooFan

Rainforest Reptiles- Gila Monster Exhibit

August 30, 2012: Beardsley does not own any of the reptiles.

Rainforest Reptiles- Gila Monster Exhibit
BeardsleyZooFan, 31 Aug 2012
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      August 30, 2012: Beardsley does not own any of the reptiles.
    • ceph
      since when are gila monsters from the rainforest
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      Rainforest Reptiles collects herps that were abandoned as pets. Rainforest Reptiles just seemed a catcy name to them.:p
    • ceph
      gila monster as a pet huh?
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      I don't know the history of all the reptiles, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was a pet, as there are too many idiots in this world.
    • ceph
      i agree to that
    • Gulo gulo
      Gila Monster's are kept as pets by many responsible owners. granted, there are some that are careless and give the Hobby a bad name. It's funny, well, sad that the only time this Hobby is in the news is for some type of accident, seizure or some false report of giant snakes overtaking Florida. Gila's are pretty docile and make good captives, if set up properly. I am hoping this is just a holding cage with the cypress mulch, twisty vine and faux foliage...
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      The Gila Monster (among with many other reptiles are in the trailer) travel a lot, so I imagine that occasionally they can get out and crawl around.
    • Gulo gulo
      I had to look up this traveling exhibit. funny. these guys used to own/run a reptile specialty store in Massachusetts. I actually bought one of my first reptiles (asian box turtle) from them back in 1992. glad this is just a traveling exhibit enclosure. the animal would actually benefit from something to burrow under, but then people would complain they can't see it. animals can never win.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    BeardsleyZooFan
    Date:
    31 Aug 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count: