Join our zoo community
geomorph

Ray Lagoon - Ray Exhibit

This branch of the SEA LIFE Aquarium chain is the only one in the United States and was opened in August 2008. It is located 30 miles North of downtown San Diego in Carlsbad, California, next to the entrance to the LEGOLAND theme park that is owned by the same company as the aquarium chain.

Ray Lagoon - Ray Exhibit
geomorph, 20 Oct 2009
    • geomorph
      This branch of the SEA LIFE Aquarium chain is the only one in the United States and was opened in August 2008. It is located 30 miles North of downtown San Diego in Carlsbad, California, next to the entrance to the LEGOLAND theme park that is owned by the same company as the aquarium chain.
    • mstickmanp
      Interesting desing, I don't think I've ever seen anything similar.
    • Maguari
      I see the journey across the Atlantic hasn't dispelled the SeaLife penchant for curved glass then. A generation of kids must think that fish get smaller as they get closer to you.
    • Gryphon
      The cancer is spreading and these hideous ray lagoons/bay of rays are now everywhere - all with the same design flaws.
    • deanmo19
      It's actually the first Sea Life aquarium in the U.S. that opened in 2008.
    • Gryphon
      Yes, I read that. Just commenting that since then many more have sprung up and they have the same ray tanks with the same issues. SeaLife has bought a number of Australian public aquariums and they too now have/will be getting these tanks.
    • Chlidonias
      I was just going to say that this looks exactly like the new ray tank at Sydney!!
    • Gryphon
      Chlidonias the tanks are manufactured in Europe. The same with the 'claws' displays. They are shipped around the world to wherever Merlin has newly acquired an aquarium. Melbourne Aquarium and Mooloolabah are probably destined to get the same They even come with European fittings and water quality equipment, and obvious design flaws are ignored and continued on around the world.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    SEA LIFE Carlsbad
    Uploaded By:
    geomorph
    Date:
    20 Oct 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: