Join our zoo community
sooty mangabey

Red fox. Hotham Park Zoo, Bognor Regis

Photo from early 80s. Apologies for its poor quality: scanned from a faded print, of a picture taken when I was very young. This was one of a trio of cages that came out from a central house. The others housed lions, monkeys, whatever.... As can be seen, behavioural enrichment wasn't big in Sussex at this time. After the zoo closed, the site continued to be used as a truly horrible 'fun' park (ball pit in the seal pool, for example). I saw an eagle owl in this cage at the time (early 90s?), probably used for flying displays of some sort.

Red fox. Hotham Park Zoo, Bognor Regis
sooty mangabey, 9 Jun 2012
    • sooty mangabey
      Photo from early 80s. Apologies for its poor quality: scanned from a faded print, of a picture taken when I was very young.

This was one of a trio of cages that came out from a central house. The others housed lions, monkeys, whatever.... As can be seen, behavioural enrichment wasn\'t big in Sussex at this time. After the zoo closed, the site continued to be used as a truly horrible \'fun\' park (ball pit in the seal pool, for example). I saw an eagle owl in this cage at the time (early 90s?), probably used for flying displays of some sort.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    United Kingdom - Other
    Uploaded By:
    sooty mangabey
    Date:
    9 Jun 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    297.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    988px
    Height:
    1026px
    Date / Time:
    2012:06:09 13:52:43

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).